Favorite Nursing Bras

Right after I delivered my babies, I tried a million nursing bras and found that I needed 2 kids: one for leaving the house and one for lounging/sleeping. Here are my picks!

A Leaving the House Bra

At some point, you'll feel ready to leave the house and with the size of my breasts, I felt that I needed a structured bra with cups and underwire. I tried on a few at Nordstrom and my favorites were these ones.

Cake Lingerie - Buttermilk Waffles Underwire Spacer Nursing Bra

I really liked that this bra had molded cups and a proper underwire for support. The clip was easy to undo and fasten. The only tradeoff is that because the cup is foam, you'll have some material to push down below baby's mouth. My babies didn't mind this at all.

Since this kind of bra is sized fairly specifically, I wouldn't recommend purchasing it before baby comes. You don't really know how big your breasts will be once your milk comes in. I would wait 3-4 weeks after baby arrives to establish your milk supply, before ordering this type of bra.

A Lounging at Home Bra

When I'm lounging at home, I like to have a bra to have a bit of support, but most importantly... I need something to hold my nursing pads in so I don't leak all over my shirt!

Lamaze Cotton Spandex Nursing Maternity Bra

I liked this bra because it was lightweight, comfortable and very easy to pull back to let my baby access the breast. My babies even figured out how to push it out of the way once they got to be a few months old.

Nursing Tanks

Some of my friends recommended nursing tanks as an alternative. I tried these but I didn't find that they provided enough support as a "going places" bra, so I just wore this at home.
Gillian O'Malley Nursing Cotton Camisole






No comments:

Post a Comment